Sunday, January 10, 2010

Anticipation

I'm letting you know that you should be anticipating the debut novel of N.K. Jemisin, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. Coming out in February, this novel is fantasy at its best. Think Tamora Pierce meets Juliet Marillier. Brilliant is what that is. I zoomed through the novel and handed it off to Maddie Sawyer, who sped through it (though made sure to savor the ending twice) and returned it to me saying it was "better than Tamora Pierce." Strong praise indeed. It's such a wonderful book to experience, that I don't want to give anything away. Therefore, I will simply direct you to the first two chapters of the novel, which are available online. This is one you will want to add to your comfort reading shelf, alongside your Ellen Kushner, Juliet Marillier, Tamora Pierce, Meghan Whalen Turner, and Robin McKinley. It's good enough to preorder. Really. It will make the wait for A Conspiracy a Kings just a tad easier to bear.

*If you'd like a more normal review of the novel, please just request it in comments, and I will provide one.

No comments:

Post a Comment