Monday, July 29, 2013

Quarkbeasts (and Jennifer Strange) return! Hip, hip, hooray!


The Song of the Quarkbeast: The Chronicles of Kazam Book 2 by Jasper Fforde 
Harcourt, September 3, 2013

Book two of The Chronicles of Kazam is finally here! Jennifer Strange is back and King Snodd is back to causing trouble for her. This time, there are more Quarkbeasts, trolls, political shenanigans, and even a contest versus imagic. Jasper Fforde's books are the perfect blend of smart and funny. Even adults who like the Thursday Next Series should check out Kazam! 

The first book in this series was the tightest book I've read in a long while. The second volume isn't quite as good, but still enjoyable. Jasper Fforde is definitely on my list of "authors whose books I will always buy".  In this case, I picked up a paperback copy when I was in London because galleys weren't yet ready in the United States...

No comments:

Post a Comment