Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Parodies: the perfect holiday gifts

Love your friends and family but can't bear the abominable smut they read? The answer is here! Parodies are perfect for the season! Specifically I am referring to the girls in your life who are strangely gaga over Twilight. Well, just in time for the holidays, here is Nightlight by the masters of literary parody, the Harvard Lampoon! And a review, if you're the sort of person to check these things out first.

*I just couldn't resist. And I'm taking my own advice and ordering one for my cousin tomorrow. "Why tomorrow?" you ask. Because I will order it from my local, independent bookstore! As the rest of you should.
P.S. Gift cards from some independent bookstores can be used at other independent bookstores elsewhere in the country. Isn't that swell? You can buy local and get all the books you crave! And to make things easier for you, here's the list of bookstores who offer this!

No comments:

Post a Comment